Allison Academy is a private middle and high school that provides quality educational programs with an emphasis on meeting individual needs through small class sized and a nurturing environment where each student’s self-esteem is valued and developed. Allison Academy accepts the responsibility of working in partnership with each student’s parents to create students who are endowed with life-long love of learning, healthy self-image, and positive attitude that will enable each student to grow academically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. Our multi-cultural environment reflects the city in which we are located, and the community in which we are pledged to support through our community service projects.
At a Glance
- Type of School | Private, Independent day school for boys and girls in grades 6 –12
- Location | North Miami Beach, FL, 5 miles north of downtown Miami.
- Facilities | North Miami Beach, FL, 5 miles north of downtown Miami.
- Total Enrollment | 100 students
- Faculty | 36% have masters or doctoral degrees; 72% have more than 10 years at Allison
- Average Class Size | 12–14 students
- Resources in LIbrary | Access to 3.8 million volumes and 60 periodical subscriptions
- Computer Network | Campus-wide inter-network featuring access to file storage, the Internet, and electronic mail SchoolSpeak: connects students to features such as grades, homework and resources from home computers.
- Computers and Labs | 1 computer lab on campus All students have access to a computer in all classes Students to computers ratio is 1:1
- Middle School Departments | Arts, English, History, Math, Science, Health, Technology, Athletics, Physical Education, Reading,History, World Geography, Music.
- Upper School Departments | Arts, English, History, Math, Science, World Languages, Computer Science/Technology, Health, Athletics/Physical Education, Reading.
- Curriculum | Most courses are offered at two levels, some including Honors and Advanced Placement. Students are placed in courses that best suit their background and ability, and it is not unusual for students to have an academic schedule that includes courses from different levels.
- Graduation Requirements | 24 academic credits plus physical education are required 28 credits are recommended Minimum Requirements: 4 years English 4 years Math, including Algebra I and geometry 3 years Natural Science, including biology 3 years Social Studies, including world history, American History, American Government/Economics 1 year Fine Art 2 years Foreign Language 1 year Applied Art 1 year physical education 4 or more Electives 75 Hours of Community Service are required
Foreign Language | 2 languages offered: French/ Spanish
- SAT Reasoning Test | Middle 50% ranges last year Critical Reading 560-660
- Math 570-670 Writing 570-670
- Matriculation | 95% of our students matriculate to an accredited college or university.
- Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF)
- National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Advanced – Advancing Excellence in Education
- MSA/Middle States Association